From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On
Behalf Of Nicolas Vergauwe
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:43 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Spacer material

Hi everyone,

Could you suggest me a spacer material for separating two (horizontal) glass
plates? The spacer should have a thickness of 100 µm, but more importantly, the
thickness tolerance should be as low as possible. Also, the spacer needs to be
fixed manually on the glass plate: it cannot be processed on the glass plate but
it has to be attached afterwards.

I thought of using a thin metal sheet and then glue it to the glass plate, but I
don't know if it will be the best way.

Any help or ideas are welcome!

Nicolas
reply