From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of Yinyan Gong
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 7:34 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Deposition of Chromium and Platinum

Dear All,

I have a hard time to deposit Chromium (50nm) followed by Platinum
(100nm) using a e-beam evaporator. After lift-off (using 1165), some
areas of the metal layer will peel off and the rest part has very rough
surface. I note that during deposition of Pt, the temperatures is quite
high and I have to interrupt the deposition when the temperature reaches

90C and let the system cool down before depositing again. Any
suggestions will be appreciated.

reply