durusmail: mems-talk: Deposition of Chromium and Platinum
Deposition of Chromium and Platinum
Deposition of Chromium and Platinum
Edward Sebesta
2009-01-20
Yinyan,
       It could very well be due to Cr and Pt not having good adhesion
to Boron compounds and that is your problem. However, Ti is also a very
reactive metal and can act as a getting agent by reacting with compounds
so it might be some contamination it is reacting with. HOWEVER, probably
you are right and it is just intrinsic to the metal and the boron
compound involved.

I always like to bring up basic things since they tend to be overlooked.
Anyways you will always want to make sure your systems are clean in any
case. It can save you much pain.

I am glad to hear that you have gotten a good deposition.

Ed