durusmail: mems-talk: Wet-chemical etching of Au without etching Al
Wet-chemical etching of Au without etching Al
Wet-chemical etching of Au without etching Al
Dave Lewis
2010-02-16
Did you try Potassium cyanide (I know it etches Au, Ag, and Cu)?
Although I wasn't aware that the KI:I:H2O (did you try it in a 2:1:10
ratio?) etchant would have an affect on Al.  The only other gold etchant
I'm aware of is Aqua Regia and that will definitely etch your Al also...
There is a table of etchants located at
http://grover.mirc.gatech.edu/processing/etchants.pdf
Good Luck

Regards,