durusmail: mems-talk: Wet-chemical etching of Au without etching Al
Wet-chemical etching of Au without etching Al
Wet-chemical etching of Au without etching Al
Kevin Paul Nichols
2010-02-16
Is there a reason you need to use Al/Au?

What about Ti/Au or Cr/Au?

KI/I2 will work fine on both of those.

Kevin P Nichols, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Scholar
Ismagilov Group
Department of Chemistry
Gordon Center CIS E305
University of Chicago
929 East 57th Street
Chicago, IL 60637

E: kpnichols@uchicago.edu
T: 773-834-8474
F: 773-834-3544

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Lisa Gades  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a process in which 20nm Au were deposited as a sacrificial layer on
> Al.  We need to remove the Au in a later step.  We have found that
> iodine-based Au etchant undercuts the Al.  We are looking for a process that
> will selectively etch the Au without etching the Al.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lisa Gades
reply