durusmail: mems-talk: releasing layer for PDMS mold
releasing layer for PDMS mold
releasing layer for PDMS mold
Shao Guocheng
2010-07-01
Hi Maggie,

Those silane you used should give you good result. The ideal process should be:
vacuum the chamber where you put ur mold in; then introduce saline vapor into
that chamber; then close all the inlet and outlet to treat the mold for 30min;
then vacuum the chamber again, may use N2 to flush out the residual silane.
after this process, you should get a good non-sticking mold.    However, there's
an easy way. I used to use HMDS (safer than those u used) in a dissicator and it
worked fine for me. Just pour some HMDS in a glass vial, put the vial and ur
mold into a dissicator, pump it down (not too much, i only used our facility
vacuum line, a mechanical pump should be good enough), close the outlet to
create a HMDS vapor environment for ur mold. let it there for 2 hrs. Open the
dissicator and u should be good to go. you can try to put a small water droplet
onto ur mold and see how the treatment has changed its contact angle.   Good
Luck.
 and be careful with those silane.

Guocheng Shao