durusmail: mems-talk: releasing layer for PDMS mold
releasing layer for PDMS mold
releasing layer for PDMS mold
Maggie Q. Lai
2010-07-01
Hi Guocheng,

Thanks for your feedback and warning about the safety of silane.
Here the HMDS is used as an anti-adhesion layer as well? I only used it to
promote the adhesion between photoresist and Si wafer. What is the mechanim
to use HMDS as anti-adhesion layer?

Maggie

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Shao Guocheng  wrote:

>   Hi Maggie,
>      those silane you used should give you good result. The ideal process
> should be: vacuum the chamber where you put ur mold in; then introduce
> saline vapor into that chamber; then close all the inlet and outlet to treat
> the mold for 30min; then vacuum the chamber again, may use N2 to flush out
> the residual silane. after this process, you should get a good non-sticking
> mold.
>    However, there's an easy way. I used to use HMDS (safer than those u
> used) in a dissicator and it worked fine for me. Just pour some HMDS in a
> glass vial, put the vial and ur mold into a dissicator, pump it down (not
> too much, i only used our facility vacuum line, a mechanical pump should be
> good enough), close the outlet to create a HMDS vapor environment for ur
> mold. let it there for 2 hrs. Open the dissicator and u should be good to
> go. you can try to put a small water droplet onto ur mold and see how the
> treatment has changed its contact angle.
>    Good Luck. and be careful with those silane.
>
> Guocheng Shao
reply