durusmail: mems-talk: Copper electroplating and Dry film resist
Copper electroplating and Dry film resist
Copper electroplating and Dry film resist
wangningyuan
2010-08-10
Hi Sandeep,

I used dry film as etching mask before. I think the problem might be the
development.After development, sometimes there might be very thin layer residue
remains on your pattern. This thin layer is strong enough to block my etchant.
You could try adding a through washing followedby a short additional develop,
let say 20s, after your main develop process.

Best regards,
Ningyuan Wang

> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 12:13:18 -0700
> From: smakhar@ditf.com
> To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
> Subject: [mems-talk] Copper electroplating and Dry film resist
>
> Hello All-
>
> We are pattern plating copper using a negative dry film photoresist. Post
> plating we observe that there is some non-plated area between the dry film
> and the plated area. It seems that this area is not wetted during the
> plating operation. Does anyone know why this would happen? Thanking you.
>
> Regards,
> Sandeep
reply