durusmail: mems-talk: SU8 2075 Pattern - Reg:
SU8 2075 Pattern - Reg:
KarthiKeyan K (2 parts)
2015-07-01
Black, Robert (2 parts)
KarthiKeyan K (2 parts)
2015-07-01
Daniel Figura (2 parts)
2015-06-30
KarthiKeyan K (2 parts)
SU8 2075 Pattern - Reg:
Daniel Figura
2015-06-30
Hello Karthi,

I would expect that reason is heavy overexposure. Try to make an exposure matrix
to see where your process is. The easiest way to do it is to take the coated
wafer, load it into your exposure system, cover the part of the mask and expose
the substrate, than uncover different part and expose with different dose and so
forth. Make e.g. 6 sectors with 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 mJ/ cm2, PEB,
develop and inspect. You should see that at some low dose, you lose all the
structures, while at higher they remain and only get wider and wider. Try to
find optimum and repeated with finer steps in exposure dose.

In case that would not lead to the conclusion, check whether your exposure light
is all ok, that it is collimated, that you have right exposure gap or in contact
(not sitting on the edge bead), you do not have scattered light from substrate
or chuck, etc. If your structures are so much wider than on the mask, which
means that some parts of resist which you did not intend to expose get exposed
as well.

What dose do you use now? What is the thickness of your layer?

Keep in mind that the optimum process might not give you 0 litho bias (1:1 size)
- there might be other consideration you need to take into the account, e.g.
whether you structures does not get distorted during PEB, have enough adhesion
to the substrates during development etc. Once you get a reliable process, you
can fix the remaining bias on the mask.

Daniel