Von: mems-talk-bounces+aboedecker=imsas.uni-bremen.de@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces+aboedecker=imsas.uni-bremen.de@memsnet.org] Im
Auftrag von Ali Alsaqqa
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2015 02:45
An: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Betreff: [mems-talk] Best way to make elemental Cr films

Hello all,

I would like to know what is the best way to prepare films of elemental
Chromium. Exact thickness does not matter, but something like hundreds of
nanometers should be fine. The target measurement is simple transport (I,
V) in the presence of some magnetic field.

My main concern here is oxidization. I was thinking about depositing the
films using e-beam evaporator, but it can attain a vacuum of only 10-7 Torr,
and with this level oxidization will occur. MBE is not an option at the
moment.

I was also thinking about buying wafers from commercial sectors, but I will
run into the same problem, i.e. the surface will oxidize as soon as it
contacts air.

Are there any suggestions?

Ali M. Alsaqqa,
PhD candidate,