durusmail: mems-talk: releasing cantilever beams without release holes
releasing cantilever beams without release holes
releasing cantilever beams without release holes
Prasanna Srinivasan
2010-09-18
Hello Nahid,

I released cantilever and bridge structures of Al-Si3N4 from the silicon
substrate by isotropic plasma etch. There were no etch holes in those
structures. However, I experienced large undercut on the structures which
was fine for my application. Can you provide more information what exactly
you are looking for? What materials you are processing?

Regards,
Prasanna

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:55 AM, nahid vahabi wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Just wondering if any of you guys have released a structure like
>  cantilever
> beams without release holes. There was a mistake in the mask and now we try
> find a good recipe for dry or wet etch to release the structure.
>
> Any comments are appreciated.
>
> Nahid
reply