From: Sheng Zhang [mailto:szhangut@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 9 March 2011 9:50 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Cr/Au peel off when electroplating?

Hi, All,

I'm having trouble electroplating Au onto Cr/Au (15nm/55nm) seed layer
on quartz substrate. I used lift off process to pattern the metal, and
the patterns are fine after lift off. But when electroplating, the
pattern comes off (in one piece, so definitely an adhesion problem).
Does the electroplating solution or temperature affect adhesion?

Thanks!
reply