durusmail: mems-talk: Cr/Au peel off when electroplating?
Cr/Au peel off when electroplating?
Cr/Au peel off when electroplating?
Sheng Zhang
2011-03-11
I believe the metal pattern peeled off all together from the quartz substrate.

And for your reference, my current density is pretty low, around 1
mA/cm2, and I need a thickness of 5um, so I plated for about one and a
half hour. Is it possible that putting the sample in the warm
electrolyte for that long would cause lamination?

Thanks!
Sheng

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 01:56, David Roberts
 wrote:
> Hi Sheng,
>
> You need to include one important piece of information.
> What is the interface that the adhesion failed?
> When you peel back the gold what material is on the back?
>
> Regards,
> Dave
reply