durusmail: mems-talk: How do I blur a FIB made master to reduce rough edges?
How do I blur a FIB made master to reduce rough edges?
How do I blur a FIB made master to reduce rough edges?
Brian Stahl
2012-11-05
Dear Nathan,

I'm not a FIB expert but I have used an FEI Helios Dualbeam a little bit; I
think you should be able to defocus the ion beam slightly to blur/smooth
edges during patterning.  I would think that an isotropic chemical etch
after patterning would also smooth out some edge roughness (potentially at
the expense of overall resolution).  What feature size are you trying to
pattern that you're worried about LER?

Best regards,

Brian

--