durusmail: mems-talk: spin coater vacuum path
spin coater vacuum path
spin coater vacuum path
Jia Yao
2010-12-10
First I turn on the vacuum pump, and turn on the compressed air switch to
let it flow. Then After I press "vacuum" button on the control unit to
activate the vacuum, I can feel with hand that strong gas leaks out of the
block unit via a small hole in the unit. And the leakage is still there even
if I turn off the vacuum pump(with the compressed air switch on). But the
leakage go away after I turn off the compressed air switch. Does it mean
that the compressed air pathway leak? If the compressed air pathway leak,
does it necessarily lead to the insufficient vacuum problem or is it another
problem?

I will get new Orings and replace the olds to see how it goes.

But I am not sure what a "rotary seal" is. Gary,Is it at the connection
point of the vertical shaft and the horizontal tube connecting to the
outside vacuum inlet? By any chance do you have a picture of it showing what
it looks like?

Thank you!

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Gary Hillman  wrote:

> Jia, while I am not familiar with the Laurel spinner I am familiar with
> spinners in general, we make them.  There will be a seal somewhere and that
> seal will of needs be a rotary seal and subject to wear.  Find that seal
> and
> make sure it is not leaking. If it is re-place it. If it is not then there
> might be a leak elsewhere but the most likely leak point is at the rotary
> seal.
>
> Gary
> S-Cubed
reply