durusmail: mems-talk: Adhesion problem during 7740 glass wafer wet etching process
Adhesion problem during 7740 glass wafer wet etching process
Adhesion problem during 7740 glass wafer wet etching process
Mikael Evander
2010-12-13
I'd guess pinholes, a dirty Cr-film or cracks in the photoresist. Do you
do anything with it after sputtering the chromium? I've had problems in
the past until I realized that we've incorporated a plasma cleaning step
of the chromium before depositing the photoresist. It worked great for a
while but then started to act like your film does. The reason in  my case
was that someone had started using the plasma cleaner for bonding PDMS and
that contaminated the film enough to make the photoresist peel and then
the chromium was attacked and dissolved pretty fast.

Also check that the photoresist isn't cracked or under severe stress from
baking.

/mikael