durusmail: mems-talk: About difficulty in photoresist development (if using HMDS as adhesion layer)
About difficulty in photoresist development (if using HMDS as adhesion layer)
2015-09-23
About difficulty in photoresist development (if using HMDS as adhesion layer)
2015-09-24
About difficulty in photoresist development (if using HMDS as adhesion layer)
About difficulty in photoresist development (if using HMDS as adhesion layer)
2015-09-24
About difficulty in photoresist development (if using HMDS as adhesion layer)
About difficulty in photoresist development (if using HMDS as adhesion layer)
About difficulty in photoresist development (if using HMDS as adhesion layer)
Mohammad Yusuf Mulla
2015-09-25
Dear Mehmet,

I am not sure about other resist but AZ5214E on glass and silicon wafers
with not too old resist and appropriate lithography parameters should
develop anywhere between 1 min to max 2 mins, depending on your feature
resolution and density.
45 mins development of 1.5micron thick layer is absolutely weird. Are you
soft baking at very high temp and long time ? How old is your resist? I have
noticed a year old resist to start developing slowly but max 4 min or 5
mins.
Considering you have fresh HMDS, AZ5214E resist and silicon wafer with MA5
mask aligner try following recipie - which has worked like a charm for me.

Silicon wafer clean with normal clean procedure - Water,Acetone, Isopropanol
rinse and N2 Dry.
Pre-heat for dehydration - at around 90 deg for 5min or 150 deg 1-2 mins
Let it cool down for few 10s of sec and then Spin HMDS at 3000rpm 30 sec
Wait for 10-15 sec
Spin AZ5214E resist at 3000rpm 30 sec, I believe this gives a film thickness
of around 1.5 to 2 micron (not sure about exact thickness)
Wait for 10-15 sec
Soft - pre exposure bake at 90 deg for 60 sec on uniformly heated hotplate.
Exposure using MA5 mask aligner 30 sec with proximity 0.7 to 1 micron or
softcontact mode
Develop in non-diluted developer AZ726MIF for 45sec to 60sec with very
gentle stirring
Or develop in water diluted AZ400 developer (4:1 ratio) for  1 min with very
gentle stirring
Rinse with DI water and dry under nitrogen stream.

>From my experience image reversal resists and negative resists have
relatively short life time of optimum process conditions, so check how old
are your chemicals.

Secondly, are you interested in using AZ5214E in positive tone mode or image
reversal mode. In Image reversal mode process is entirely different and need
fine optimization.

>From your mail, I feel you are interested in using it as negative tone/image
reversal instead of +ve tone, is it so?

Good luck... and please update us when you resolve your problem because it
is first time I heard of such weird length of development time.

Good luck

ysm