durusmail: mems-talk: Adhesive to bond onto a carrier wafer for etching
Adhesive to bond onto a carrier wafer for etching
Adhesive to bond onto a carrier wafer for etching
Wangfei
2012-12-12
Hi, Shree,

I have tried with spin coated 2.2um photoresist on a 4 inch silicon carrier
wafer, then bond the device wafer with the carrier wafer on a 120 degree hot
plate. The resist is AZ5214.

I have tried with etch depth around 100um. For deeper etching, I typically
firstly etch it without carrier wafer to 80% depth then go further with a
carrier.

Do you have structures with high step on the back side of your wafer? If so, you
can get little help  with grease for better heat transfer. The only thing you
can try is to modify your etching recipe with lower power and maybe also with
some standby steps every a few minutes.

Best regards,
Fei

发自我的 iPad

在 2012-12-12,上午12:45,Shree Narayanan  写道:

> Dr. Wang,
>
> Appreciate your response. A quick question on whether you have attempted to
> etch down to 200um. I had difficulty even with thermal grease. There seems
> to be local heating effects that cause the photoresist to be eaten away
> completely.
> Could you give me more information on which photoresist you used and how
> this was applied on the backside of the wafer.
>

> Shree
>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Fei Wang  wrote:
>
>> Hi, Shree,
>>
>> Why not just use the photoresist? It works well for me.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Fei
>>
>> 2012/12/5 Shree Narayanan :
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I need to mount a 4" silicon wafer on a 6" metallized carrier wafer, in
>>> order to etch it in a Alcatel deep-reactive ion etcher. I am wondering if
>>> someone has used thermal vacuum grease for this purpose that can be
>> removed
>>> easily at the end. The silicon wafer is patterned with photoresist and
>> has
>>> no other material on it.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Shree