durusmail: mems-talk: Adhesive to bond onto a carrier wafer for etching
Adhesive to bond onto a carrier wafer for etching
Adhesive to bond onto a carrier wafer for etching
Brian Stahl
2012-12-12
I took a closer look at our Bosch SOP and realized that Santovac 5 is only
recommended for mounting pieces to a carrier wafer - for mounting full
wafers we use photoresist.  Our etcher physically clamps the wafer and so
clamping a full wafer on top of a carrier wafer could cause Santovac 5 to
squirt out from between the wafers, hence the baked photoresist.  However,
you should be able to etch as deep as you like as long as the layer of
Santovac 5 is thin enough to provide good thermal contact between carrier
and workpiece.  Thermal grease may not be a good idea because it may
produce undesirable by-products if exposed to the plasma.

--
Brian C. Stahl
Graduate Student Researcher